The Conveyancing Shop is an award winning firm with 4 extremely busy Auckland branches. We are customer focused and offer affordable fixed prices and excellent service to our clients. To find out more about us see – www.conveyancingshop.co.nz.
We are looking for 3 Junior Lawyers or Conveyancers to be part of our pilot project – The Conveyancing Academy. This 2 year paid internship will transform you from a new grad to an all round competent practitioner.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Conveyancing – handling property sales, purchases and refinances from start to finish
- Subdivisions – how the process works and applying for new titles.
- Family Trusts – Trust formations and maintainence
- Wills – advising clients and drafting tailored wills
- Business Sales and Purchases – advising clients during the due dilligence process and handling business sale and purchase settlements.
- Company formations – Reserving company names and completing online company formations
- Commercial work – you will learn to draft terms of trade, partnership agreements, give advice on franchise agreements and other general commercial legal work.
- Relationship Property – advising clients and drafting contracting out and separation agreements.
- Business Networking and Marketing– you will have the opportunity to join a professional networking group and learn about digital marketing for law firms from the experts in this field.
- Public speaking – you will give a seminar on a legal topic to a real audience.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a fast learner who is willing to work hard and go the extra mile
- have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- possess excellent people skills and be able to get along with people from all walks of live and nationalities
- enjoy working in a fast paced small team environment
- have exceptional attention to detail
- want to be part of an exciting company that is breaking all the traditional law firm stereo types.
- See yourself making a career with our firm beyond the 2 year internship.
To apply please complete your application please copy the following link to your browser and complete the online questionnaire – app.weirdlyhub.com/q/conveyancing_shop/intern